Tjido Header

Tjido Header
Welcome!

Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Starting this blog again!


I've left this blog for a while now, I tried to get back to it but didn't follow through. Today, I read a post about Alisa HERE, and I laughed and I felt bad I have stopped tracking my crazy dog life. So here I go!

Where are we now? Tjido is 1 year and 8 months old :)
He's been getting more 'zen' since Christmas, so it is true O_o after the first year your dog will calm down and all the f*** straining you did that first year, all the tears you cried, the stress you build up, finally gets its reward. 

Tjido has become pretty much the dog we dreamed of, even though there are some things we have to still work on. At home he's pretty much a sleeping furry thing that moves from one place to another in order to find the 'right' spot. He's a bit whiney when he wakes up, gets bored and feels that it's time to go out. But I don't react if he's being a cry baby, I do give him a new task, or dog puzzle when he's not asking for attention.
Our two issues that have to be worked on are: the barking at the doorbell and the barking when we leave (don't freak out, it's a 3 to 4min bark/whine before he falls asleep, but still).

Outside he has become wonderful! The barking is now pretty controlled, although if he has to poo, the stress levels go way high - but hey, who wouldn't...
The macho struggle for balls and sticks, is still there but now much more controlled and not so erratic. He doesn't look for fights, so that is certainly a relief. 
He will still run across a huge field to sniff at that one dog.. but he will come back for sure and his re-call is pretty good for such a hyper dog. 

This is my summary for now, but I will start posting more day-to-day stories :) 












No comments:

Post a Comment